Who We Are?
Community Medicine is a specialty of Medicine sciences concerned with disease prevention and health promotion among individuals, families and communities. This branch is also known by various names across the country like Preventive and Social Medicine (PSM), Public Health, Community Health, Social and Preventive Medicine (SPM). The community medicine curriculum is taught most of the undergraduate period (1st to 7th Semester) including the internship period.
Important topics covered under Community Medicine are History of Medicine, Concepts of health and diseases, Basic and Applied Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Demography, Environmental and Occupational Health, Sociology, Family Health, Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases, Health Promotion, Health education, Maternal and Child Health, Adolescent and Geriatric Health Immunization, National Health Programs, Health care delivery system, Primary health care, Community Need Assessment, Community Diagnosis, Communication and Ethics, Research methodology, Health Data, Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Research, Health management & Administration, Medical Entomology, International Health, New innovations in Health technology, latest updates in field of health and medicine & famous public health personalities.
>>Departmental Research Projects;
>>Sponsored projects funded by national agencies i.e. ICMR –STS etc.
|1||Dr. Rajesh Garg||Associate Professor and Head|
|2||Dr. Gaurav Kamboj||Assistant Professor|
|3||Dr. Harpreet Kaur||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Preeti Arora||Demonstrator|
|5||Dr. Sunidhi Karol||Demonstrator|
|6||Dr. Aseem Tiwari||Demonstrator|
|7||Dr. Sapna Dalal||Demonstrator|
|8||Dr. Gaurav Vashisht||Demonstrator|
Comprehensive health care is being provided to the community at village kunjpura through Rural Health Training Centre and Urban Health Centre at Ramnagar.
Rural Health Training Centre, Kunjpura (RHTC)
• Inpatient Services including Maternal & Child Health in which delivery services are available round the clock at RHTC.
• National programmes - All the national programmes are being implemented in catchment area through centre with the involvement of students and health care staff.
• The dental services are also available.
• Facility for routine investigations and pertaining to antenatal services are available.
• Epidemiological Investigations of Outbreaks of communicable diseases.
• Imparting Health education/training to community & health functionaries.